WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—Indiana American Water has issued a boil water advisory for the City of West Lafayette for 24-hours.
Many homes in West Lafayette are without water due to a water main break. West Lafayette Police sent a nixle out around 10 a.m. Sunday morning notifying drivers to steer clear of N. Salisbury St. at Kingston and Leslie St. because of a water main break.
Around 1 o'clock Sunday afternoon West Lafayette Police sent out another nixle notifying people that the water main break had been addressed and the roadway was clear. Although, people are still without water in their homes.
Indiana American Water sent out a press release Sunday evening saying, "The drop was caused by equipment malfunction at a tank site on Sunday, January 19th, 2020. The equipment has been repaired and pressures have returned to normal in the area."
We have confirmation from tenants that Beau Jardin and University Crossing apartment complexes were both without water for a period of time. The water was also off at the WLFI station located on Yeager Road. A resident who lives in the Barberry Height neighborhood reported low water pressure.
Brokerage Brewing Company located on Covington Street tweeted this afternoon that they will be closed today because of the water problems the city is facing.
According to the West Lafayette Dispatch Center, they are trying to get a hold of the American Water Company and aren't getting through. They weren't able to give a time frame on when this issue might be resolved.
To learn more about what the CDC says to do when under a boil advisory, click here.
- Boil water advisory issued for City of West Lafayette
- West Lafayette boil water advisory lifted
- Battle Ground boil water advisory lifted
- Frost Advisory issued for Greater Lafayette
- Boil order issued for Monon
- Boil advisory cancelled for Battle Ground residents
- Water main break in West Lafayette
- West Lafayette weighs options for city hall
- Morton Center named West Lafayette City Hall
- West Lafayette City Council recount case dismissed