LAFAYETTE, Ind (WLFI) — The Indiana Department of Transportation will close a part of Veterans Memorial Parkway on Monday for a concrete patching project.
The road will close in both directions between U.S. 231 and Old U.S. 231 beginning at 7 a.m. It will reopen Monday, Aug. 26.
INDOT says traffic can get around the closure by using County Road 500 South on the south side of the road, or U.S. 52 on the north side.
Only those needing to access the Southern Winds apartment complex will be able to use the road during the closure, according to INDOT.
Rieth-Riley Construction was awarded this contract for $2.58 million. This project also includes concrete patching work on Veterans Memorial Parkway from U.S. 231 to the Elliott Ditch Bridge and on State Road 25 from the intersection of U.S. 52/231 to three-tenths of one mile west of there. This work is scheduled for completion in early November.
- Part of Veterans Memorial Parkway closing today
- New banners for Veterans Memorial Parkway unveiled
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Multiple train cars have derailed near St Rd 38 and Veterans Memorial Parkway
- Rossville HS Asst. Principal, 25-year-old injured in Veterans Memorial Parkway crash
- INDOT to close westbound Sagamore Parkway Bridge until late-summer
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Semi blocking traffic on Veterans Memorial Pkwy
- Weather plans for Indiana Veterans' Home Memorial Day Ceremony
- Indiana Veterans' Home hosts 2019 Memorial Day Remembrance Service
- Construction delays expected on Sagamore Parkway