LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The neighborhood near Columbian Park has a local deli once again. The Parkside Deli wasn't always a beer and sandwich shop though. After several ownership changes, it was momentarily rebranded a seafood restaurant.
The lot sat empty for a few years until Scott Blankman came into the picture. He purchased the lot after seeing the potential business when Loeb Stadium construction is complete in 2021. Burgers and Ruebens were put back on the menu, including their selection of beer.
Local resident, Christine Sammons had been a patron of the deli before the rebrand and Friday was her first day back. She agrees that the location is prime for drawing in the crowds.
"You know and especially how great it would be to have the new stadium coming up and people can come here. You know it's a great menu and I think it's a good opportunity to catch the lunch crowd, catch dinner crowd, catch Friday afternoon crowd," said Sammons.
Scott Blankman said the next project is adding a patio area for customers during the warmer months. Along with new items on the menu once they've perfected the ones they offer now.
- Parkside Deli has now reopened
- McAlister's Deli coming to West Lafayette
- Eastside 9 to reopen Thursday
- Purdue University's Horticulture Park reopens
- I-65 reopens after semi rollovers
- Bistro 501 to reopen Friday
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge reopening delayed
- Students look forward to State Street reopening
- Trump signs budget deal, government to reopen
- Senate blocks competing proposals to reopen government