WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Purdue Police have parking information and safety tips for the Purdue-Indiana basketball game on Saturday, and as we see heavy snowfall, strong winds, and low temperatures in the weekend forecast.
Parking regulations in the McCutcheon, University Street and Harrison Street garages will be relaxed beginning at 5 p.m. Friday (Jan. 18) through noon Monday (Jan. 21). This will help Purdue Grounds Department in clearing snow from the campus streets. Students who have cars parked on campus are asked to move them to one of these three garages. Those parked along State Street should also move vehicles to the garages,
Students who are parked in the student lots around Mackey Arena and in the Hilltop Apartments area should also take advantage of this due to the men’s basketball game on Saturday and women’s basketball game on Sunday.
Vehicles parked in the lots surrounding Mackey Arena, including the ones on Tower Drive and John R. Wooden Drive, will be towed at 11 p.m. Friday.
At noon Monday, relaxed parking will end, and vehicles illegally parked in those three garages after that time may be ticketed. Those parking in the Harrison Street Garage also would charged if they leave vehicles in the garage after the noon cutoff.
As the snow and temperatures drop this weekend, police encourage people to think of safety while outside. Information and winter safety weather tips on avoiding slips, trips and falls, can be found here.
- Parking information for Purdue-Indiana basketball game
- Purdue releases parking information for spring commencement
- Suggested traffic routes, parking information for Purdue spring commencement
- Purdue basketball, climbs one spot, set for Marquette Game
- Purdue basketball alumni game set for Aug. 4
- Purdue basketball to host Marian in exhibition game
- PURDUE POSTGAME SHOW: Indiana
- Purdue defeats Indiana 70-55
- Indiana governor signs bill mandating abortion information
- Purdue announces parking, traffic plans for first home football game