LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — James Palmer scored 15 points Tuesday night as Nebraska beat Indiana 66-57, allowing the Huskers the resume their NCAA Tournament pursuit.
Nebraska (21-9, 12-5 Big Ten) bounced back from a Sunday loss at Illinois that stopped a six-game winning streak. Isaac Copeland added 13 points, and Isaiah Roby contributed 11 points and nine rebounds.
Indiana (16-13, 9-8) had a four-game winning streak snapped, hurting itself with 19 turnovers.
Indiana started a 10-2 run in the second half with back-to-back 3-point plays by Justin Smith and Juwan Morgan, taking a 41-37 lead with 13:50 remaining. Nebraska answered with 10 straight, including a 3-point play and two free throws by Evan Taylor, and led the rest of the way.
The Huskers, who tied a school record with their 12th conference win, finished off the Hoosiers when Palmer had two free throws and a dunk during an 8-0 run that made it 64-53 with 1:51 remaining.
Smith and Robert Johnson paced Indiana with 16 points apiece.
Indiana somehow emerged with a halftime lead despite a shaky first 20 minutes, going ahead 26-25 after Devonte Green and Johnson scored on hard drives in the final 90 seconds. Nebraska had a chance to regain the lead it held for much of the first half, but Roby missed a 3-point shot as time ran out.
Nebraska had taken a 25-22 lead on a 3-point basket by Thomas Allen with 1:52 remaining, but the Huskers made just 3 of 15 from behind the arc in the first half and did not attempt a free throw.
Indiana also hurt itself with nine turnovers but never trailed by more than five points in the half, facing its largest deficit at 9-4 after a Roby dunk.
- Palmer leads Nebraska to 66-57 win over Indiana
- Purdue uses size advantage to upend No. 17 Louisville 66-57
- Nebraska leads wire to wire in 66-51 upset at No. 25 Indiana
- Purdue squanders late lead, falls to Nebraska 67-61
- Purdue women seek 4th-straight win, Visiting much improved Nebraska
- No. 15 Purdue beats Nebraska 81-62 for 8th straight win
- Irving, Horford lead Celtics to 108-98 win at Indiana
- Langford leads Indiana to 64-62 win over Penn State
- Vucevic, Ross lead surging Magic to 117-112 win at Indiana
- HIGHLIGHTS: Purdue extends winning streak to 11 with victory over Nebraska