WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - It's becoming crunch time for people wanting packages delivered in time for Christmas.
The line of customers wanting to send packages was nearly out the door at A1 Packaging in West Lafayette.
FedEx, UPS, and the US Postal Service all had send-by deadlines today.
Owner of A1 Packaging, Kevin Presse, spoke about how today will be the busiest day of the year for the business, and what customers can do to help ease the headaches of delivering those holiday packages.
“Having your addresses ready and knowing which packages go to which locations, and maybe have them separated in advanced, we'll get you through the line a lot faster.”
Presse also said there is still time to have those packages sent in time for Christmas, but you may have to go with the more expensive air shipping services to guarantee delivery on time.
“Unfortunately, the air service is the only thing that guarantee this time of year. All carriers suspend any ground guarantees they would have had in the past, just because of sheer volume.”
First class mail and priority mail need to be sent by Thursday. UPS and FEDEX have a Friday deadline.
- Package shipping deadlines
- 2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Shipping deadlines for the 2017 holiday season
- Shipping company finds 10 pounds of marijuana in package
- Holiday shipping deadlines that could save you money
- Indiana city approves Lake Michigan cruise ship
- New equipment helps detect suspicious packages
- Amazon plans packaging center in suburban Indianapolis
- Indiana's voter registration deadline for primary nears
- EPA: Dredging begins at Indiana Harbor Ship Canal