MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Darren Collison scored a season-high 30 points, Victor Oladipo had 21 and the Indiana Pacers built an early lead before holding off a late rally to beat the Memphis Grizzlies 116-113 on Wednesday night.
Collison added eight assists, made all 12 of his foul shots and connected on 8 of 13 from the field, including 2 of 4 from outside the arc.
Memphis lost its third straight. It had a chance to tie it after a review of an out-of-bounds call gave the Grizzlies the ball with 9 seconds left. Marc Gasol's 3-pointer with 3 seconds remaining was off the mark.
Gasol led Memphis with 35 points and 13 rebounds. Tyreke Evans added 18 points and nine assists, while Chandler Parsons scored 13 points.
Bojan Bogdanovic finished with 16 points for Indiana, including a 3-pointer that momentarily stalled a fourth-quarter surge by Memphis.
The Grizzlies trailed by 17 early in the fourth but scored 10 straight points to cut the deficit to 105-98 before Bogdanovic's 3.
Memphis played without starting point guard Mike Conley, who has a sore left Achilles tendon. Despite shooting well at times, Memphis' offense seemed in disarray and committed fifteen turnovers.
Pacers: Indiana's 67 first-half points were the most allowed in a half by Memphis this season. ... Collison's previous high this season was 25 at Cleveland on Nov. 1. The 30 points matched his career best as a Pacer. ... Thaddeus Young had five points, ending his string of double-digit scoring games at nine. ... The Pacers had lost four straight road games in the series.
Grizzlies: Mario Chalmers started in Conley's place. ... F JaMychal Green returned to action after missing 12 games for an ankle injury that occurred in the season opener.
Pacers: Host Detroit on Friday night.
Grizzlies: Host Houston on Saturday night — the fourth and last time the two Southwest Division foes face each other in the regular season.
- Pacers build big lead, hold on to beat Grizzlies 116-113
- Turner leads Pacers past Grizzlies 105-101 for 3rd straight
- Bogdanovic scores 19 points, Pacers rout Grizzlies 111-83
- Conley, Jackson get Grizzlies past Pacers to end 8-game skid
- Oladipo scores 21, Pacers hold on to beat Bucks 103-96
- James Harden, Rockets beat Pacers 118-95
- Turner helps Pacers beat 76ers 101-98
- Lillard leads Trail Blazers past Pacers 100-86
- Oladipo, Bogdanovic lead Pacers over 76ers, 100-92
- Oladipo leads balanced Pacers past Bulls 107-105