INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana Pacers star Victor Oladipo will drive the pace car in the Indianapolis 500.
He will lead the 33-car field to the starting line in a 2019 Corvette ZR1 on May 27. The car can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 2.85 seconds and reach a top track speed of 212 mph.
Oladipo was a fan favorite at Indiana University before he gave up his final year of eligibility to enter the draft.
He was acquired in last summer's trade for Paul George and blossomed into an All-Star in his first season with the Pacers. He averaged 23.1 points last season and is considered the front-runner for the NBA's Most Improved Player award.
- Pace car for Pacer: NBA's Victor Oladipo to start Indy 500
- Victor Oladipo wins NBA's Most Improved Player award
- Victor-y: Oladipo scores 32 as Pacers stun LeBron, Cavs
- Pacers lose All-Star Victor Oladipo to season-ending injury
- Victor Oladipo hits late 3, Pacers beat Bulls 119-116 in OT
- Oladipo helps Pacers rally past Bulls 98-96
- Oladipo, Pacers end Cavaliers 13-game winning streak
- Oladipo, Bogdanovic lead Pacers over 76ers, 100-92
- Sabonis, Oladipo lift Pacers over Knicks 107-101
- Oladipo leads balanced Pacers past Bulls 107-105