Photo Gallery 7 Images
PERU, Ind (WLFI) — One of the busiest air refueling reorganizations is helping out its team while 25,000 feet in the air.
The 434th Air Refueling Wings helped supply more than 35,000 pounds of fuel to the United States Air Force Thunderbirds.
Our crew went to Grissom Air Reserve Base to capture the feat and watch seven Thunderbirds refuel at more than 300 miles per hour.
The story on how and why it happens airs Monday at 5 and 6 p.m.
- PHOTO GALLERY: Air Force Thunderbirds refueling
- Here's how the United States Air Force refuels its Thunderbirds
- Photo Gallery: Final Greater Lafayette Honor Flight
- Photo Gallery: August 20 strong storms
- GALLERY: Viewer submitted photos of Memorial Day storms
- Photo Gallery: Funnel clouds spotted over viewing area
- Michigan nuclear reactor shutting down for planned refueling
- Gallery: Rensselaer murals near completion
- Gallery Walks highlights local art and culture
- Indiana Air Force base increases pilot recruitment efforts