LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Strong overnight winds caused power outages in several places across Lafayette Friday morning. A couple hundred homes on Lafayette's south side lost power.
Lafayette police said a tree fell over near the intersection of Bennett and Teal Roads, near Central Catholic High School.
Officers closed a part of Teal Road as they restored power. Traffic lights in the area were out, including at 4th Street and Teal Road. Lafayette police said to treat the intersection as a 4-way stop.
About 200 people lost power near Teal Road and 9th Street, according to Duke Energy's website.
Power was still out as of 5:30 a.m. Friday. The estimated time for power to be restored is 9:30 a.m. Friday, Duke said.
- Overnight storms knock out power on Lafayette's south side
- Storms knock out power to more than 49,000 in Indiana
- New library could be coming to Lafayette's south side
- Lafayette man arrested after south side shooting, police pursuit
- Man arrested after shooting up car on Lafayette's south side
- LPD: Power outage reported in the south end of Lafayette
- Armed robbery reported on Lafayette's east side
- South side home fire still under investigation
- Power outages reported in Lafayette
- Storms damage Lafayette homes