LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLI) — Drivers on Interstate 65 in Tippecanoe County will be impacted by lane closures for the next several nights.
It will affect both northbound and southbound traffic on the Wabash River Bridge.
According to Indiana Department of Transportation, the lane closures will begin after 8 p.m. Wednesday evening and continue through 7 a.m.
The construction is part of a project to widen the bridges over the river. During the closures, construction crews will strengthen the outside shoulder.
The entire Wabash River Bridge Project is expected to be complete in October 2020.
- Overnight lane closures will impact I-65 drivers
- Road Closure: I-65 southbound lane
- Another lane closure for I-65 northbound
- Update: all lanes open after crash on I-65 forces closure
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- 20-minute closures on I-65 due early Wednesday
- I-65 lanes open after years of construction
- Nightly lane restrictions start on I-65
- Drivers responding well to Sagamore bridge lane closures
- Closure of I-65 section in Indianapolis planned for repaving