TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Otterbein Town Clerk-Treasurer candidate Treeva Sarles was inadvertently left off the Tippecanoe County primary ballot, according to county clerk Christa Coffey.
Sarles is a Republican and is running uncontested.
Coffey said the mistake impacts 175 voters in the Shelby precinct 1 split 2, which is the Otterbein district.
Otterbein is in both Tippecanoe and Benton Counties. Sarles is listed on the Benton County primary ballot.
At this point, Coffey said there is nothing that can be done and it was an oversight. She said the cause of the mistake was a late notice.
"She'll be fine, yes," said Coffey. "And trust me, we will check that about five times to make sure that it's okay in November."
Coffey said she has spoken with Sarles multiple times. According to Coffey, a notice about the mistake is posted at voting locations.
- Candidate left off Tippecanoe County primary ballot
- Candidates discuss future of Tippecanoe County in WLFI's primary debate
- Tippecanoe Co. sheriff candidates meet and greet days before primary
- Tippecanoe County Primary Sheriff and Prosecutor Debate
- Where the Tippecanoe County Clerk candidates differ
- Tippecanoe County Election Board files through provisional ballots
- Who is running in the Tippecanoe County Primary Election?
- Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's candidates get specific
- Tippecanoe Co. Prosecutor candidates' final plea
- Former Tippecanoe Co. Prosecutor candidate's blooper reel