WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Purdue's Campus is welcoming a new dining hall option available for students and non-students.
It features nine different stalls with nationally renowned and local chefs. The hall offers gelato, gourmet pastries, and Middle Eastern cuisine. There is also a bar for people 21 and older. It sits below a brand new student housing complex called Aspire.
Purdue student, Alec Fletcher, said it will be more convenient for students that live near the new hall.
"Especially during the winter times, no one wants to walk to a dining court and Earhart is close, but they only have so many options a day but Crave Food Hall is just in the same building pretty much as me," said Fletcher.
Purdue Student, Josiah Campbell, said that he's excited he no longer will have to walk far away to get lunch.
"I'm so excited. I'm a really big fan of food, especially since I live right there, so it's going to be nice having someplace literally right down the stairs where I can eat," stated Campbell.
The hall will be open from 7:00 am till 11:00 pm Sunday through Thursday. Friday and Saturday the hall will close at 1:00 am.
Purdue student, Keegan Connor, said he believes the new dining hall will brighten this side of campus.
"It is nicer because this place has been completely finished and now that it is - one it looks nicer, but two, it'll be convenient in the winter. I think it'll be nicer and bring actual people over," said Connor.
- Opening day for Crave Food Hall
- New Crave Food Hall to open in August
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Protein Food Pantry
- Police: Man opens fire inside Indiana bingo hall, 1 injured
- New winter market opens Tuesday at Carnahan Hall
- Indiana State University opens food pantry for students
- Food Finders Food Bank offers compassion training
- Food Finders Food Bank wants your help
- Food Truck Scholar
- Indiana to issue food stamps 3 days earlier than planned