LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- One person is in the hospital after he was shot on Lafayette's south side Thursday night. It happened near Romney Meadows.
Lafayette police responded to a report of shots fired around 10 p.m. When they arrived on the scene, they found 41-year old Isaiah Powe on the ground with a gunshot wound to the lower leg.
Police said the victim was taken to a local hospital. They believe his injuries are non-life threatening.
The suspect(s) reportedly fled the scene in a vehicle prior to police arrival and police are still looking for the person or people responsible. This is still an ongoing investigation.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Lafayette Police Department at (765) 807-1200. Tips can also be given anonymously to the WeTip Hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows
- Head Start coming to Romney Meadows
- Police looking for suspect in alleged Romney Meadows armed robbery
- Lafayette police investigating early morning shooting
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Romney man charged after police standoff
- Lafayette Police investigating five different shooting incidents in one week
- Lafayette police investigating 2 overnight stabbings
- Police investigate shooting in Tippecanoe County
- Frankfort police investigate shooting Tuesday evening