LINDEN, Ind. (WLFI) — Early Tuesday morning the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office responded to a crash on US 231 North at the Linden Overpass involving two vehicles.
According to a press release from the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, Dana R. Record, 47-year-old, was driving a 2005 Jeep Liberty northbound when she lost control of her vehicle and went into the southbound lane striking a southbound 2003 Jeep Liberty driven by Stephanie M. Pressler, 27-year-old, of Romney. There were no passengers in either vehicle.
Record was pronounced deceased at the scene. Pressler was transported by STAR Ambulance to IU Arnett Hospital in Lafayette for her injuries.
The crash remains under investigation by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office. Drugs and alcohol are not believed to be factors in the crash. At the time of the crash, there was heavy fog and slick roadway conditions.
The Indiana State Police, STAR Ambulance, Crawfordsville Fire and Madison Township Fire Department all assisted at the scene.
- One person killed in early morning crash by Linden
- Linden man in custody after SWAT situation
- Linden Depot Museum builds full replica steam engine
- One person injured in personal injury crash
- Early morning fire destroys home
- Trooper involved in fatal shooting of Linden man back on duty
- Person killed in a crash involving a semi, multiple cars
- Three families displaced in early morning fire
- Lafayette police investigating early morning shooting
- One dead and one arrested in early morning crash in Lafayette