TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)—The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office responded to a call that a vehicle was on its side and in a ravine.
This was at the 9500 block of Tyler Road in Battleground.
The call came in around 10 Saturday morning of a personal injury crash with entrapment.
The driver was a 31-year-old Hannah Conklin from Brookston.
Deputies say they believe the crash happened earlier, and that Conklin was trapped for several hours.
She was later airlifted to a hospital in Indianapolis.
Driver Deb Brenner called 911 to help give information to dispatch, she said Tyler Road can be dangerous.
"I called 911 and the dispatcher was able to get people out there in ten minutes maybe," said Brenner. "People drive that road really fast. I think it's kind of a challenge. It's a hilly curvy road. I think sometimes it's a challenge to see how fast you can go."
Brenner said that's not the first time there has been an accident like this has happened on Tyler Road.
The Battleground and Buck Creek Volunteer Fire Departments, Tippecanoe Emergency Ambulance Service, and Battleground Town also responded.
- One person injured in personal injury crash
- Person dead in U.S. 231 crash
- One person airlifted to Indianapolis with serious injuries
- Person injured in police-involved shooting near Crawfordsville
- One person killed in early morning crash by Linden
- Person killed in a crash involving a semi, multiple cars
- One person dead after off-road vehicle crash
- Person taken to hospital in I-65 rollover crash
- Multiple injuries in 3-vehicle crash
- Personal information hacked in 100,000+ homes