LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Lafayette police are investigating a shots fired call at Briarwood Apartments.
This happened around 3:20 p.m. Friday.
It left one person with serious, non-life-threatening injuries.
LPD is still looking for a suspect. They urge anyone who saw something or has information to call them. You can use the anonymous WeTip hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME.
Briarwood Apartments is within a mile of the YMCA near State Road 38.
LPD was going door-to-door interviewing people living in the Briarwood Apartment complex.
They also had their drone on standby to canvas the immediate area.
News 18 was not allowed on the property but did talk to a neighbor who lives across the street.
She said she is happy with the police response and commends them for doing their job.
"I think safety is pretty OK here," said Courtney Desilva. "I mean the police do the best they can. I know it is a hard job for them, but they do a really good job."
Silva said the police presence makes her feel safe.
If any updates are available we will post those here.
- One person airlifted to Indianapolis with serious injuries
- One person injured in personal injury crash
- Indianapolis firefighters escape serious injury after crash
- One person airlifted after tractor and car crash in Jasper County
- Two airlifted after White County crash
- Frankfort woman airlifted in ORV crash
- Woman airlifted to hospital after Logansport crash
- Arconic employee airlifted after lithium spill
- Indianapolis Zoo opening new exhibits
- Person of interest in disappearance of Indianapolis baby arrested in Warren County