TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man has died after sustaining serious injuries in an ice fishing accident Wednesday, The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office confirms.
Sixty-three-year-old Thomas Watkins initially suffered from life-threatening injuries and had to be rushed to IU Health Arnett.
The Tippecanoe County Coroner's Office will be conducting an autopsy at a later date.
Click this link for the full details on Tuesday's accident and how to keep yourself safe in case of an emergency on the ice.
- One man dead after ice fishing accident
- Rensselaer man dies in ice fishing accident
- Ice, Ice, Baby!
- Hundreds of fish found dead at pond in southern Indiana
- A fish called Wakanda: New purple fish honors 'Black Panther'
- 4-year-old girl, father dead in Indiana kayaking accident
- Man's body recovered following Indiana canoe accident
- Ice carvers welcome winter weather
- One dead after accident on Interstate 70 near the 2-mile marker
- Muncie police: Fatal shooting of man, 84, was an accident