NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Newton County Sheriff’s Deputies were dispatched to a single motorcycle crash on Saturday in Thayer. According to Newton County Sheriff's Office, the crash happened around 6:50 p.m. Saturday at SR 55, north of 1200 N.
An initial investigation states 57-year-old Dennis Michael Smolek of Crown Point was traveling northbound State Road 55 on his 2019 Harley Davidson motorcycle when he ran off the road for unknown reasons when exiting the first curve.
Smolek was transported to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Crown Point where he died due to his injuries.
Newton County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the female driver of a blue sedan that may have witnessed the crash or have more information. This driver and vehicle were not believed to have been involved in the crash.
This driver should contact Deputy Fellmy at 219-474-5661.
- Police looking for witness in fatal motorcycle crash in Newton County
- State Police investigating fatal crash in Newton County
- Body found in Newton County
- Officials release names of fatal car, motorcycle crash
- Community comes together in the wake of fatal motorcycle crash
- Newton County man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Two vehicle crash kills one in Newton County
- Police: 3 fatally shot in Indianapolis; witnesses sought
- Newton County blaze causes $50,000 damage
- Surveillance video shows Newton County robbery