NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Investigators are looking into a collision between a farm tractor and a semi that sent one man to the hospital. According to the Newton County Sheriff's Office, the crash happened around 7:30 a.m. Thursday morning on US 41 north of County Road 1150 north.
Investigators believe the semi driver failed to slow down or move over to avoid the slow-moving tractor. It was being driven by 51-year-old Daniel Nelson of Lake Village.
Nelson was ejected from the tractor. He was sent to Riverside Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
- One injured in tractor, semi crash
- UPDATE: 1 injured in semi fire on I-65
- Semi loses load after crashing through barrier wall
- Person killed in a crash involving a semi, multiple cars
- All northbound I-65 lanes reopened after semi crash
- State Road 28 is back open after two semis crash
- State studying northern Indiana site of recent semi crashes
- One person airlifted after tractor and car crash in Jasper County
- 1 dead, 3 hurt after crash involving tractor and car in Benton County
- Benton County Coroner identifies man killed in crash involving tractor and car