MIAMI COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — One woman was injured in an early morning crash Tuesday involving a school bus. According to Indiana State Police, officers responded to a two-vehicle crash on State Road 18 in front of a home in which a Galveston woman was injured.
The preliminary investigation revealed Carl Philpot, 56 of Peru, was driving a school bus westbound on State Road 18. The bus had stopped in front of a home at 2802 West to pick up an 8-year-old student. As the student entered the bus, the bus was rear-ended by a Chrysler minivan driven by Sarah Watson, 28 of Galveston.
Watson was taken by ambulance to Dukes Hospital with lacerations to her arms and legs. Philpot nor any of and the 18 students on the bus were injured.
This crash is still under investigation, but at this time neither the use of alcohol nor narcotics is suspected as having contributed to the crash. Both drivers in the crash were wearing seat belts.
The bus is from the Maconaquah School Corporation.
- One injured in Miami County school bus crash
- 1 dead, 6 injured after Miami County crash
- EMT Dies in Miami County Crash
- School bus crash injures 20, 1 student seriously hurt
- Kokomo teen dies in Miami Co. crash
- One dead after motorcycle crash in Miami County
- Miami County crash claims life of 12-year-old girl
- Police seeking information in fatal Miami County crash
- Parents question school protocol after bus crash
- Clinton County crash involving school bus under investigation