LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A man was shot twice Monday morning outside the Biltmore Tap Room after a fight spilled into the streets, according to Lafayette police. Officers do not believe he was involved in the fight inside or outside the bar.
Lafayette police said the call came in around 3:15 a.m. When officers arrived at the bar on South 4th Street, they couldn't find a suspect or victims.
Police later learned of a gunshot victim at an area hospital. Lt. Brian Phillips said the victim was inside the bar and then left. While he was outside, he was shot in the abdomen and the right forearm. He was taken to the hospital by a friend, according to police. Police said they believed his injuries were non-life-threatening.
Police at the scene Monday said multiple shots were heard. Witnesses reported seeing several vehicles and people leaving the scene.
Police said there is no threat to the public. There are currently no suspects, and the case has been turned over to the detective division.
If you have any information, you are asked to contact Lafayette police at (765) 807-1200 or the anonymous WeTip Hotline at 1 (800) 78-CRIME.
UPDATE: LPD says a man was shot two times this morning outside the Biltmore Tap Room. There was a fight that spilled out of the bar, and the man was uninvolved. He is in the hospital with gunshot wounds to the abdomen and arm. @WLFI pic.twitter.com/jzY1a1K3GW
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) January 28, 2019
- LPD: Uninvolved man shot twice after fight spills out of bar
- LPD: Man arrested after altercation, shot fired in parking lot
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- LPD investigating shots fired in Brampton Apartments area
- LPD investigating shots fired; 18 bullet holes found in home
- LPD makes arrests in overnight shots fired incident
- Shots fired outside Lafayette bar overnight
- LPD looking for missing woman
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery