NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — One suspect has been arrested on a warrant for the case at Fair Oaks Farms. According to the Newton County Sheriff's Office, 36-year-old Edgar Gardozo-Vasquez or Brook, Indiana was taken into custody. He is currently being held at the Newton County Jail. Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) has placed a hold on Gardozo-Vasquez.
Gardozo-Vasquez was arrested on a warrant for animal cruelty (Class A Misdemeanor) and torturing or mutilating a vertebrate animal (Level 6 Felony).
There are still outstanding warrants for Santiago Ruvalcaba Contreros and Miguel Angel Navarro Serrano.
- One suspect in custody in connection with the animal cruelty case at Fair Oaks Farms
- Three people charged in connection with Fair Oaks Farm animal cruelty case
- Video shows alleged animal cruelty at Fair Oaks Farms
- Names of men charged in Fair Oaks animal cruelty released
- Fair Oaks Farms opens barn-themed hotel
- Animal cruelty bill moves forward
- Purdue Trustee with Fair Oaks connection talks about animal abuse video controversy
- Second video released showing alleged animal abuse at Fair Oaks Farms
- Man accused in Fair Oaks Farms animal abuse appears in court for first time