BOONE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Clinton County woman is dead after a car crash in Boone County.
On Saturday, Mar. 9 around 8 a.m. Boone County Deputies responded to a head-on collision near County Road 600 West on State Road 47.
45-year-old Tammy Annette Kelly of Kirklin was extracted from her black Chrysler 200 and deputies began CPR. Kelly was rushed to Witham Hospital where she was pronounced dead shortly after arriving.
According to the Boone County Sheriff’s Office, Kelly was driving the wrong direction when she collided with 63-year-old Michael Kaveney of Arizona heading westbound on SR 47. Kaveney was driving his black Audi Q7L.
Kaveney told deputies he noticed a black Chrysler coming eastbound towards him and appeared to be swerving. He said the small black car traveled off the south side of the roadway, overcorrected, and began to fishtail towards him.
Kaveney swerved right but could not avoid the collision. He was taken to St. Vincent’s Hospital for minor injuries.
Before the crash, Boone County deputies responded to multiple calls claiming a small black car was eastbound on SR 47 driving all over the roadway.
Deputies say it is unclear why Kelly traveled off the roadway. The crash is currently under investigation.
- One dead in head-on collision on State Road 47
- Three vehicle crash on State Road 47 kills one
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic 76, Rossville 47 (BBB)
- One dead in State Road 26 crash
- Two dead in serious head-on crash on State Road 26
- No injuries in head-on collision in Romney
- ISP trooper forced off road in Vermillion County collision
- WL's Tavion Woodard headed to Ball State
- Oladipo scores career-high 47 as Pacers beat Nuggets in OT
- Deer hunter found dead with gunshot wound to head