HOWARD COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — One person is dead after a plane crash in Kokomo.
The Howard County Sheriff's Office has not yet released the person's identity. The crash happened on Saturday at a soybean field located at the corner of SR 22 and CR 300 East. Deputies arrived around 5 p.m.
They found a twin-engine plane a few hundred yards away from the roadway. Only the pilot was on the plane and was pronounced dead on the scene.
The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the crash.
The sheriff’s office is waiting to notify family members before releasing the identity of the pilot.
- One dead in evening plane crash in Kokomo
- Kokomo rape suspect arrested
- Kokomo teen dies in Miami Co. crash
- Eight Americans dead in Ethiopian plane crash
- One dead after plane crashes in Warren Co.
- Three people dead after plane crash in Carroll County
- Authorities: 1 believed dead in northern Indiana small plane crash
- Kidnapped Kokomo girl found safe in Indy
- Kokomo police investigate local credit card fraud
- Kokomo police searching for rape suspect