LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette woman is behind bars after a fatal single-vehicle crash early Sunday morning. Three people were in the car during the incident.
Lafayette police responded to the crash in the 3600 block of State Road 38 East just before 2:30 a.m. That's near the entrance to the Tippecanoe Mall.
Mekeisha Roberts, 27, was driving a 2004 Pontiac Bonneville when she struck a utility pole and a tree.
Michael Creamer, 30, was sitting in the front passenger seat. He was taken to Franciscan Health where he died from his injuries.
The third passenger was 31-year-old Tatiana Jones. She was sitting in the backseat and sustained minor injuries.
Police say they observed signs of intoxication from Roberts. She was arrested for “Operating While Intoxicated” Resulting in a Death and she’s currently being held at the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- One dead and one arrested in early morning crash in Lafayette
- 2 dead in early morning shooting in Lafayette
- Lafayette police investigating early morning shooting
- Two bouncers stabbed at Lafayette bar early Sunday morning
- Monticello woman dead after Sunday morning crash
- Two children dead after early morning house fire in Logansport
- Early morning barn fire in Frankfort leaves animals dead
- Early morning fire destroys home
- One person killed in early morning crash by Linden
- Three arrested after early morning stolen vehicle pursuit