Photo Gallery 1 Images
LAKE VILLAGE, Ind. (WLFI) — One person is dead after a crash in Newton County Friday night.
Sheriff's deputies said it happened around 10:15 p.m. at the intersection of U.S. 41 and County Road 950 North. That's in Lake Village about one half mile south of State Road 10.
Investigators said a car driven by a 17-year-old Daniel T. Hammond from Tinley Park, IL was eastbound on C.R. 950 North, crossing the north bound lanes of U.S. 41.
Hammond failed to stop for a semi headed northbound and was killed in the crash.
The 47-year-old semi driver from Morroco refused medical treatment at the scene.
- Name released in Lake Village fatal crash
- Officials release name of fatal crash victim
- Names of those involved in fatal plane crash released
- Officials release names of fatal car, motorcycle crash
- BREAKING: Names released of Cass County fatal crash
- Police release image of Village Bottle Shop robbery suspect
- Community comes together after loss of two Twin Lakes high schoolers in a fatal crash
- I-65 reopens six hours after fatal crash; names of victims released
- Officials release the names of those involved in fatal Clinton County crash
- INDOT plans to improve fatal crash intersection