MONTMORENCI, Ind. (WLFI) — One person is dead and two others injured after an early morning crash in Montmorenci Saturday.
The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office said it happened just after 6 a.m. at the intersection of U.S. 231 and U.S 52.
Deputies said Clayton Watson from Monticello was headed south on 231 when he failed to yield. Joseph McIntyre was traveling east on 52 when the two vehicles collided.
Clayton Watson's passenger, Sharon Watson was taken to a local hospital with critical injuries where she later died. Clayton Watson and McIntyre sustained minor injuries. Deputies said everyone had seat belts on.
At this time deputies do not believe drugs or alcohol to be factors in the crash, however results are pending.
As we reported last week, INDOT is adding new traffic lights at the intersection. They replace the flashing yellow lights. A spokesperson said they are scheduled to turn on this coming week. There has now been five crashes at the intersection this year.
- One dead, 2 injured in crash on U.S. 52
- Woman dies after U.S. 52 crash
- 1:52 P.M. Weather Update
- Authorities: 1 dead, 5 injured after police chase, crash
- 1 dead, 6 injured after Miami County crash
- Police: 5 dead, 2 injured after crash in southern Indiana
- U.S. 52 resurfacing will begin in April
- Road restrictions planned for US 52 resurfacing
- Lane restrictions coming to US 52
- New signal starts operating on US 52