TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is dead and another injured after a three vehicle crash in Tippecanoe County.
It happened about 4 p.m. Tuesday just east of Dayton. Coroner Donna Avolt said 32-year old Alberto Martin Baltazar died in the crash.
An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.
Baltazar was driving a blue Honda Civic north on South County Road 900 East. Deputies said he ran a stop sign at the intersection with State Road 38 East.
Another vehicle, driven by 63-year-old Julia Hoffman of Frankfort, hit the Civic on the driver's side. The car was then hit, again, by an oncoming truck.
Baltazar was pronounced dead at the scene. A male passenger inside was airlifted to an Indianapolis hospital. Avolt did not have any information as of Wednesday on his condition.
Hoffman was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. The driver of the truck, 39-year-old Shane Pyle of Frankfort, was not injured.
Alcohol and drugs are not believed to be factors, according to deputies.
- Man dead, another airlifted in State Road 38 crash
- One dead in State Road 26 crash
- Woman admits she was drunk during deadly State Road 38 crash
- Six people injured including one airlifted in State Road 26 crash
- Two airlifted after White County crash
- Frankfort woman airlifted in ORV crash
- Woman airlifted to hospital after Logansport crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-65 southbound on-ramp from State Road 38 closed Wed.
- ISP: Three people airlifted after crash in Jasper County
- Eight-year-old airlifted after Tippecanoe County four-wheeler crash