WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Olivia Stansbury has known since her freshman year she's wanted to attend Purdue Fort Wayne.
Now it's a reality.
The Harrison softball standout signed with the Mastadons on Wednesday.
"It's so surreal," said Stansbury. "To have all these people supporting me and telling me all these things really makes you want to do more with your life. The next step is softball in college and furthering education at school so it's amazing to have the support system behind me."
Stansbury says she received interest from several other schools but knew she was destined to continue her softball career at Purdue Fort Wayne after attending a team camp four years ago.
As a junior, the first baseman hit .435 with 5 home runs and 30 RBIs for the sectional champion Raiders.
When it comes to academics, Stansbury, nicknamed 'Butters' plans to study education.
- Harrison's Stansbury signs to play softball at Purdue Fort Wayne
- Harrison's Kaeley Hallada to play softball at Purdue
- Emily Kenny lifts Purdue softball past Fort Wayne
- Highlights: Harrison vs. Brownsburg (Softball)
- Harris, Purdue crush Purdue Fort Wayne 78-44
- Purdue dispatches Purdue Fort Wayne 11-2
- Purdue softball to play in NISC Tournament
- IPFW officially becomes Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Harrison takes NCC softball title over McCutcheon
- Purdue rallies past Purdue Fort Wayne on walk-off walk