INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Officials with the Indiana State Police are investigating after a chase led to a man apparently shooting himself.
It happened just before 4:30 a.m. when police were led on a pursuit on I-70 west around mile marker 85 when a trooper pulled over to investigate a vehicle that was on the shoulder of the highway, causing the suspect to take off.
The pursuit ended in the area of North Emerson Avenue and East Pleasant Run Parkway after officers deployed stop sticks, deflating at least one of the suspect’s tires. When the vehicle slowed to a stop, the man then turned the gun on himself.
The man has since been identified as 30-year-old Michael Lee Jr.
This story will be updated as more information is known.
- Officials on scene of death investigation following police pursuit on Indy's east side
- Lafayette man arrested after south side shooting, police pursuit
- Armed robbery reported on Lafayette's east side
- Two homes damaged in east side fire
- Police release identity of body found on Lafayette's east side
- Two Indy teens sentenced for Indy crime spree
- Musical ‘Hamilton’ coming to Indy
- Thomas Rhett coming to Indy
- South side home fire still under investigation
- Kidnapped Kokomo girl found safe in Indy