Warm front lifting northward today led to highs ranging from 69 to 82 from north to south over the viewing area.
Last night through this morning, a band of 1-3" rain set up over the area. There were lesser amounts in the north & the south. Even in Tippecanoe County, the overall heaviest amounts were in the northern half with less in the south.
Most of the area has been completely dry this evening. We have just had a few small isolated showers & sprinkles pass. Now, it is just plain sticky & muggy with haze & some fog around the area.
Temperatures tonight will remain pretty steady near 70, making it the warmest October 5-6 night since 1941.
Heavy storms will stay northwest & north of here with flooding likely in those areas.
Some isolated showers/storms may pop tonight & into tomorrow moring with the best potential of that occurring in our northwestern half of the viewing.
Otherwise, we will see a break (with clouds & sun) & heating up into the 82-87 range tomorrow with tropical dew points in the 70s & a strong southerly wind.
It looks like a line of storms may organize & pass Saturday afternoon-early evening. Isolated embedded severe storms are possible.
Heavy, flash flooding-producing rainfall could also occur with a quick 2" downpour in places.
Some additional rainfall is possible Saturday night-Sunday morning, followed by drier time in Sunday afternoon. WIth clouds & sun, it will be breezy to windy, humid & warm with highs in the low to mid 80s.
Rainfall totals for the weekend will exceed 2" in multiple places.
Monday looks dry, windy, warm & humid with partly cloudy skies & highs of 84-88.
- October 5, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update: Some Severe Risk & Locally-Heavy Rainfall Ahead
- September 24, 12:30 PM Weather Update: From severe & heavy rainfall risk to much cooler weather
- October 15, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- October 26, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- October 29, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- THE SEVERE WEATHER RISK AHEAD
- October 8, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update: Big Changes Ahead
- October 1, 10:30 PM Weather Forecast Update: Focusing On the Timing of Rainfall
- October 3, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update