Line of showers & storms has exited. Lots of strong winds aloft & shear, just lack of sun & heating today. So, line was gusty in places, but nothing strong or severe.
Between the two rounds of rainfall, 1-2" (with isolated +2" amounts) fell right through the heart of the area with 1" or less west & southeast of this band.
Now, actual cold front is moving into our western counties. Temperatures should drop rapidly overnight to 38-45 by sunrise.
It will be a bit of a shock to the system!
With 50-54 tomorrow with partly cloudy skies, 30-35 tomorrow night with frost & only 47-51 Friday with skies becoming cloudy, it will finally see consistent fall weather.
Friday is getting interesting. It will turn cloudy from west to east in the afternoon. Cold upper level system that will produce another snowstorm in Colorado with some snow as far south as the Oklahoma Panhandle is tracking farther north than previously anticipated.
So, it appears that we have the potential of picking up a wave of steady light rain Friday evening-night between 3 & 10 p.m. over the viewing area. The way it looks right now, looks like amounts of 0.09-0.18".
Here's the kicker of it & the most interesting part of this!
As the core of the cold upper level system continues to rain into dry air bleeding in from the northwest, it is not completely out of the question that some wet snow &/or sleet may mix in 7-10 p.m. Temperatures will fall from 44 to 36 with this dynamics & evaporative cooling process.
Remnants of Sergio may bring some rain late Sunday-Sunday night to Monday with temperatures in the 40s. Heavier rainfall should stay south of our area, but some rain will fall here.
Highs Saturday & Sunday will reach the 50s after 30s with frost in the mornings.
Note the snow as far south as the Panhandle of Oklahoma & Texas!
Chilly, dry weather will dominate next week after Monday with many nights in the 20s & 30s. Daily highs will reach the 40s & 50s.
- October 10, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update: Rain Out....Cold Coming In with Interesting Friday Evening/Night Set-Up
- October 15, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- October 29, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- October 26, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- October 11, 3:15 PM Weather Forecast Update: Frost/Freezing, Cold Rain & Even a Few Flakes
- October 11, 10:30 PM Weather Update: Frost & Freezing For Many Nights....Some Cold Rain (Flake?) Too
- October 1, 4 PM Weather Forecast Update
- October 30, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- October 3, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update