LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—A Lafayette staple is in limbo. O’Rear’s Pastry Shop has not yet found a new location to operate.
As we previously reported, O’Rear’s was set to open a new location in November. The bakery moved from its original Ninth Street location after sixty years. According to the sign on the front of now-closed building, the bakery's last day of operations at the location was Nov. 28.
Owners told News 18 the move was to expand and create more room for customers to dine-in, and additional parking.
O'Rear's plan was to have the bakery back up and running before the holiday season, which owners say is the busiest time of year.
As of now, owners say they have not found a permanent location that fits the businesses needs.
O’Rear’s is fulfilling large holiday orders only. If you would like to place an order, call 765-414-1736.
News 18 plans to follow up on this story.
- O'Rear's Pastry Shop still looking for a place to bake
- O'Rears Pastry Shop To Relocate
- Bake sale held for Lindberg Village families
- Great Harvest Baking Co. in Lafayette creates "Shutdown Shelf"
- FOOD TRUCK FRIDAY: Roasting, Toasting and Baking for the community
- Black Friday shopping begins
- Entenmann's Little Bites Soft Baked Cookies have been recalled due to blue plastic contamination
- Interior Objects closing shop permanently
- A family thought they were just baking a pizza. Then they found a snake inside their oven
- Shop with the mayor spreads holiday cheer