Some peak measured wind gusts lastnight to today:
M48 mph Purdue University Airport
M45 mph Fowler
M45 mph Covington
M43 mph Logansport-Cass County Airport
M41 mph Rensselaer-Jasper County Airport
M40 mph Peru-Grissom Air Reserve Base
M40 mph Frankfort Municipal Airport
M40 mph Kokomo Muncipal Airport
M37 mph Morocco
M37 mph White County Airport
M36 mph Rochester-Fulton County Airport
M34 mph Remington
M32 mph Attica
M32 mph Crawfordsville Municipal Airport
Some rain will come in late Thursday evening-Thursday night, then change to snow before ending. Highs Friday will run 35-40. Another wave of some snow, in the form of snow showers, will pass Friday evening-night.
Accumulations of less than 1" are possible with both rounds. Isolated 1" amounts are possible over Jasper, Pulaski & Fulton counties in the Friday evening-night round.
Watch for some slick spots Friday night as temperatures chill rapidly into the 20s. There is a better potential of icy roadways with the second round, compared to the first due to air & pavement temperatures being colder.
Saturday looks cold (highs 32-36), but at least skies will become mostly sunny in the P.M. after some morning clouds, it appears. After 20-25 Saturday morning (wind chills 8-15), lows Saturday night of 15-20 are likely.
Some snow showers are possible Tuesday as another surge of cold air comes in with gusty north-northwest winds.
A surge of above normal temperatures on gusty southwest winds will briefly move in near mid month before the temperature tanks again.
Snowfall is possible in this cold between mid month & Thanksgiving, as is a Gulf Coast to East Coast Nor'Easter with potential of some snow deep into the southern U.S.
- November 6, 4 PM Weather Forecast Update........Unseasonably Cold Air But Brief Surge of Warmth Amidst the Chill Ahead
- November 7, 12:45 PM Update: Unseasonably Cold Weather & Some Accumulating Snow Ahead
- November 8, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update: Tracking Minor Snowfall & Unseasonably Cold Weather
- November 11, 7 PM Weather Forecast Update
- November 11, 12 PM Weather Forecast Update
- November 12, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- November 6, 6:30 PM Weather Forecast Update: Peak Measured Gusts Today & a Look at the Cold & Some Snowfall Ahead
- November 1, 4:30 PM Weather Update
- October 15, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update: The Chill, Remnants of Tara & Warm-Up In Early November