I will have another more comprehensive update later this afternoon!
Peak measured gust this morning was 52 mph at Morocco. Gust of 44 mph was measured at the Purdue Airport. Much of the area has picked up less than 1" of snow so far. Highest snowfall amount has been 2" in northern Jasper County near Wheatfield.
Snow showers are possible at times today with some flurries & snow showers tonight. Some additional minor accumulation of 1" or less is still possible. With mostly cloudy skies, lows tonight will drop to around 15 with wind chills as low as 2 (despite the wind decreasing).
Watch for some icy areas on roadways.
A few flurries & snow showers are possible tomorrow morning, followed by some decreasing clouds in the afternoon with the coldest November 27 high temperature since 1977 with 26.
Tomorrow night's low should drop to near 11, the coldest low temperature for the date since 1996.
The pattern is very active late week to early next week. Gosh, if each system produced all snow, we'd be buried, but it looks like that will be just northwest of the area. Each system Thursday-Monday may start as some wintry mix of freezing rain/sleet & end as a bit of snow. However, with temperatures in the 30s & 40s, it looks like mainly cold rains with these, unless the track changes a bit.
Burst of Arctic air should return next week.
- November 26, 1:15 PM: Quick Weather Forecast Update
- October 26, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 26, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- May 26, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- November 11, 7 PM Weather Forecast Update
- November 22, 7 PM Weather Forecast Update
- November 27, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- November 11, 12 PM Weather Forecast Update
- November 12, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- November 28, 4 PM Quick Weather Forecast Update: Temperature To Drop to Critical 32 Degrees Tonight