Thursday the university held a job fair for its Physical Facilities Department. Employers were looking for people skilled in custodial, plumbing and electrical work.
The university often holds career fairs for multiple Purdue departments leading up to the big career fair held in July, which represents all the Purdue departments at once.
Talent Acquisitions Specialist, Marci Morris said the university holds job fairs for specific departments when there's a need for new hires.
“We're in need of new hires for this area so we thought we would focus specifically on that,” said Morris.
Hiring managers from different sectors within the Physical Facilities set up booths to be able to talk one-on-one with potential new hires.
Purdue's Electronic and Telecommunications Supervisor shop, Chris Teague says he enjoys working the career fair.
“It's nice having everything in one place, so we can see all the different positions we have. Some people come in not knowing what they want to do. You know, so they can see each table and decide what they want to do from there,” said Teague.
You can keep up with the Purdue’s career fairs here.
- Physical Facilities Department held Career Fair
- Purdue Hosting Career Fair
- Purdue hosting Building and Grounds Career Fair
- Duke Energy to hold career fair
- Forest Volunteer Fire Department debuts new facility
- Ivy Tech Community College to host annual career fair
- Purdue hosting its annual career fair in June
- John Deere Day kicks off Purdue Industrial Roundtable Career Fair
- INDOT hiring fair to be held September 17 statewide
- Purdue to announce Tyler Trent physical memorial Wednesday