UPDATE: Due to weather the closure is being rescheduled.
TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Indiana Department of Transportation will close North River Road in Tippecanoe County, beginning Monday.
The closure begins at 6 a.m. and lasts through August 24 at 6 p.m.
The project includes the removal of the bridge deck and the removal of the east causeway in the Wabash River.
The detour will follow Happy Hollow Road to Soldiers Home Road and back to Sagamore Parkway.
The Sagamore Parkway eastbound Bridge over the Wabash River will be replaced with a new, approximately 938-foot long, eight span bridge on the existing alignment.
The new bridge will provide two 12-foot travel lanes, standard shoulders and a multi-use trail on the bridge deck.
There will also be accommodation for connections to a future multi-use trail on the south side of the road.
The project is scheduled to be finished by June of 2019, it is anticipated the new bridge will be open for traffic this fall.
- North River Road closure rescheduled
- UPDATE: Monday's North River Road closure postponed
- North River Road back open after months-long closure
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday
- North River Road to temporarily close Monday
- Road Closure: I-65 southbound lane
- Cemetery walk rescheduled due to rain chances
- Nelly concert rescheduled for Saturday in October
- Rescheduled Lafayette Nelly concert officially cancelled
- North River Road closed as crews pour new bridge deck