UPDATE: Police have advised that the North River Road closure planned for Monday has been postponed until further notice and will remain open at this time.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A heads up for drivers in Tippecanoe County. Starting Monday, a portion of North River Road will close.
Beginning at 6 a.m., the Indiana Department of Transportation will close North River Road under the Wabash River bridge.
It's all so crews can access beams and position cranes for the new eastbound bridge on Sagamore Parkway. That closure will last until Wednesday at noon.
North River Road will close again from Monday, Nov. 27 so crews can place bridge beams. There will also be minor traffic interruptions on Sagamore Parkway.
Drivers will have to take a detour from Soldiers Home Road to Kalberer Road. Then to Morehouse Road to Sagamore Parkway to U.S. 52 and back.
North River Road will reopen on Thursday, Dec. 7.
- UPDATE: Monday's North River Road closure postponed
- North River Road closure rescheduled
- North River Road to temporarily close Monday
- North River Road to close for the summer beginning Monday
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday
- South Street closure begins Monday
- North River Road closed as crews pour new bridge deck
- Part of North River Road closed until Friday
- Temporary weekend road closure on State Street
- Patrick Elliott's murder trial postponed