TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — North Newton School Corporation Superintendent Destin Haas has died, according to Tippecanoe County Coroner Donna Avolt.
Avolt says Haas was found unresponsive inside his garage in Benton County and was taken to a Tippecanoe County hospital.
An autopsy will be performed Tuesday, according to Avolt.
The North Newton School Corporation released the following statement:
"It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Superintendent Destin Haas. Mr. Haas came to North Newton School Corporation in 2013 and was responsible for the implementation of many advances in our corporation. Mr. Haas was an extraordinary advocate for staff and students and dedicated his life to the service and well-being of all children. The North Newton Spartan Family extends our heartfelt condolences to the Haas family during this time of loss of an exceptional man."
Haas was the former superintendent of Benton Community Schools. He took over at North Newton in 2013. He lives in Fowler and leaves behind a wife and four children, according to the school district's homepage.
- North Newton School Corporation Superintendent dies
- Autopsy completed for North Newton School Corporation Superintendent
- Tri-County School Corporation names new superintendent
- Autopsy shows carbon monoxide poisoning killed North Newton superintendent
- School corporation is improving facilities
- Understanding Frontier School Corporation's Referendum
- Newton County man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Body found in Newton County
- Lafayette School Corporation projects are on track
- Tippecanoe School Corporation celebrates class of 2018