NEW YORK — The Purdue men's basketball team is set to open Big Ten Tournament play on Friday.
The 3rd-seeded Boilermakers will face off against 14th-seeded Rutgers in quarterfinal play at Madison Square Garden.
No. 8 Purdue defeated the Scarlett Knights twice during the regular season. While the Boilermakers won the first meeting 82-51 at Mackey Arena, the second contest was decided by two points, 78-76.
Purdue is looking to capture its second Big Ten Tournament championship in school history — the first coming in 2009.
- No. 8 Purdue looks to avoid upset to Rutgers in Big Ten quarterfinal matchup
- Purdue softball upsets Rutgers, advances in Big Ten Tournament
- Purdue runs out of gas, falls to Rutgers 64-49 in Big Ten quarterfinals
- Highlights & Postgame: Purdue beats Rutgers, advances in Big Ten tournament
- Purdue women upset #21 Rutgers, 47-33
- Scaife has 19, winner as Rutgers women top Purdue in Big Ten
- Purdue volleyball duo honored by Big Ten
- Purdue volleyball trio garners Big Ten awards
- Purdue women's basketball gets Big Ten schedule
- Purdue football sweeps Big Ten weekly awards