WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Vincent Edwards scored 20 points with six rebounds and Purdue shot 55.4 percent from the field to lead the No. 20-ranked Boilermakers to a 98-71 exhibition win over Carroll College (Mont.) at Mackey Arena.
Purdue improved to 24-0 under Matt Painter in exhibition games while the 98 points were the second most scored by the Boilermakers in an exhibition game during the Painter era.
The Boilermakers trailed 10-9 early on, but used a 17-6 run to take a 26-16 lead with 8:40 to play on a Nojel Eastern 3-pointer. The lead fluctuated between six and 14 points for the rest of the first half, ending in a 44-34 Purdue halftime lead.
The Boilermakers then opened the second half on a 14-5 run to take a 58-39 lead with 15:38 on an Eastern 3-point play and Purdue led by at least 17 for the remainder of the game.
Purdue finished the game shooting 36-of-65 (.554) from the field, 9-of-23 (.391) from 3-point range and 17-of-24 (.708) from the free throw line. The Boilermakers outrebounded Carroll College 40-21, but committed 20 turnovers, including 13 in the first half.
In addition to Vincent Edwards, Carsen Edwards added 18 points, five assists, four steals and three rebounds while going 8-of-13 from the field. Isaac Haas added 14 points on 7-of-8 field goal attempts with six rebounds, while Eastern tallied 12 points, four rebounds and three assists in 18 minutes.
Purdue will open the 2017-18 regular season Friday, Nov. 10, when SIU-Edwardsville visits for an 8 p.m. ET, tipoff at Mackey Arena. Tickets are available by calling 800.49SPORT or online at PurdueSports.com.
- No. 20 Purdue rolls past Carroll College 98-71
- Madam Carroll ready to roll despite damages
- Cline, Purdue roll past Marian in exhibition game 75-56
- Purdue rolls over Illinois 46-7
- CC cruises past Carroll for 10th straight sectional title
- Chiefs roll past Colts 31-13 to reach AFC title game
- Harris Leads Purdue past Miami (Ohio) 75-66
- Purdue women race past Valparaiso 95-49
- Beard, McGowan lead Purdue past Valparaiso 4-1
- Purdue women breeze past Western Illinois 81-60