WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - K105 and B1029 held their ninth annual Gown Town, which allows girls to pick out prom dresses for free.
For the past month, listeners have been donating all types of dresses.
From sequins.... to sparkles.... in long and short styles... and in all different sizes.
Any girl can go to Gown Town and look through the several thousands of dresses, and take one home for free. No questions asked.
The event started at four and will go until seven pm Friday.
K105's Shamus says in past years there have been tears of joy.
"It's a real feel good, clean, people donate, people pick them up, there's no signing up, there's no registering. It's a real pure event that we do," Shamus said.
The event took place at the old Vanity space next to Dick's Sporting Goods in the Tippecanoe Mall.
All leftover dresses will be saved for next year's event.
- Ninth annual Gown Town gives girls free dresses for prom
- Energy-themed mural unveiled on Ninth Street
- Indiana State scores in ninth, beats Purdue 4-3
- Bottles Of Wish Bone Salad Dressing Recalled
- Purdue football players attend "senior" prom
- Purdue baseball scores five runs in ninth, stuns Notre Dame 8-7
- IU Health allows tattoos in new dress code policy
- Frankfort High School holds Every 15 Minutes program before prom
- Free FAFSA filing help