NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A 19-year-old man is dead following a single-vehicle crash in Newton County, according to the sheriff's office.
According to deputies, it happened around 3:30 Sunday afternoon. Officers were called to County Road 600 South, about two and a half miles north of Brook.
Investigators said an SUV was traveling westbound when it went off the road and hit a grove to trees.
Wyatt Hoaks of the Goodland-Morocco area was pronounced dead at the scene, according to deputies.
The crash is currently under investigation.
- Newton County man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Lafayette teen dies in single-vehicle crash
- Man dies in single-vehicle crash after hitting a tree
- Two vehicle crash kills one in Newton County
- North Newton School Corporation Superintendent dies
- Body found in Newton County
- State Police investigating fatal crash in Newton County
- 1 dead and 1 injured in Tippecanoe County single-vehicle crash
- Newton County blaze causes $50,000 damage
- Surveillance video shows Newton County robbery