NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Newton County Sheriff's Office has issued an arrest warrant for a man suspected of leading police on a chase where an officer was hurt.
Maurice Carpenter is 34 years old, 6-foot-1, and about 200 pounds.
Investigators believe he was the driver of a rented Kia Sportage that refused to stop for police on Nov. 8.
A press release said the vehicle crossed the interstate median several times, drove the wrong way through a construction zone on the shoulder and eventually struck a police car.
The driver then continued into a residential area, where he abandoned the car and got away on foot.
Newton County investigators don't believe Carpenter is from the area.
His last known address was in Indianapolis.
If you have information on his whereabouts, call the Newton County Sheriff's Office at 219-474-56-61.
- Newton County Sheriff's Office issues warrant for chase suspect
- Body found in Newton County
- Newton County Sheriff's Office: No evidence of a student displaying or implying a gun
- Newton County Sheriff's Office launches investigation into Fair Oaks animal abuse video
- Newton County blaze causes $50,000 damage
- Surveillance video shows Newton County robbery
- Semi and train collide in Newton County
- Warrant issued for Lafayette man accused of promoting prostitution
- Jury finds Newton County man guilty of murder
- Newton County man dies in single-vehicle crash