WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — After four years of service to Greater Lafayette, WLFI said farewell Friday to 5 and 6 p.m. anchor Kayla Sullivan.
Kayla came to WLFI in May of 2015 from the University of Indianapolis, the day after graduation.
"I remember my first live shot I didn't know how to properly sign-off, I said 'Channel 18, I'm Kayla.' Oh, how far I've come!"
She began shooting her own stories on the weekends, but moved to a Monday through Friday reporter to cover the Tippecanoe County courts. In 2016, she signed on to be the 5 and 6 p.m. anchor alongside Jeff Smith.
"I'd like to thank the Greater Lafayette community for making Tippecanoe County my home away from home," Sullivan said. "I have thoroughly enjoyed covering what matters most to this area. This place and the people in it will always be close to my heart. My son's birth certificate says Lafayette, Indiana!"
"I'll miss covering the Tippecanoe County Courthouse and I'll continue following the developing case out of Delphi. I hope to eventually report justice for Abby and Libby."
Kayla will be just a short drive down I-65 in Indianapolis, where she will be reporting for Fox 59 and CBS 4.
- News 18 bids farewell to Kayla Sullivan
- News 18 to bid farewell to longtime anchor Gina Quattrocchi
- News 18 This Morning bids farewell to Kiyerra Lake
- Lafayette bids farewell to historic Loeb Stadium
- News 18 This Morning says farewell to Amber Hardwick
- Leslie Jones bids 'Saturday Night Live' farewell
- WLFI's Kayla Sullivan expecting a bundle of joy
- LIVE STREAM: Washington to pay respects, bid farewell to George H.W. Bush
- News 18 coverage policy
- Thousand gather to say farewell to Boone County deputy