LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—If you love to shop local, you don't have to wait until farmers markets open in the summer. Carnahan Hall opens its brand new winter market Tuesday.
Now you can shop with all your favorite local vendors, but it's all indoors. The market will take place every Tuesday until the end of April. It runs from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. Carnahan Hall is located at 2200 Elmwood Ave a6, Lafayette, IN 47904.
Carnahan Hall partnered with Greater Lafayette Commerce and Market Square Shopping Center to put together the weekly market. Kati Davis, Sales Manager at Carnahan Hall, said planning has been in the works for over a year.
Davis said Greater Lafayette has so many great markets in the spring and fall, and now we can have that in the winter as well.
"A crucial part of our community is having those markets," she explained. "And letting people who don't have the brick and mortar come out and be able to showcase all of their items."
Davis went on to say they are hoping to make the winter market individually unique, but they also have built it similar to Tippecanoe County's other farmers markets.
"We wanted a space for people to be able to showcase their items that [in] wintertime they don't close down, but don't have a set space for people to come and see them. Not the brick and mortar."
Vendors are still being accepted for the winter market. Commitment through the entire market season is not necessary. If you are interested on becoming a vendor, click here.
Interested in becoming a market sponsor? Click here.
- New winter market opens Tuesday at Carnahan Hall
- Craft show held at Carnahan Hall
- Opening day for Crave Food Hall
- Needler's Fresh Market announces August opening date
- Needler's Fresh Market is finally open
- West Lafayette holding Farmers Market indoors this winter
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Winter Warming Station
- Delphi Canal Park open for winter
- Police: Man opens fire inside Indiana bingo hall, 1 injured
- New Crave Food Hall to open in August