LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — New life is coming to a Lafayette building that's been empty for more than a year now. At Home is taking over the old Kmart location, off State Road 38.
Customer service representatives confirmed the opening Tuesday.
At Home is a home decor and furniture store. There are currently locations in the Indianapolis area.
News 18 talked to Christina Vail Bridal and Formal Couture, new bridal boutique who has plans to open a new location in the same shopping center. They are thrilled something will be moving in the Kmart location after it's been sitting empty since 2016.
"Having new businesses that are coming in is just going to bring our visibility out and being a new store, we would love to have the traffic come through," said Maria Campbell. "So, we're really excited to see more businesses pop in and we hope that continues."
Customer service representatives said the At Home store should open this spring.
- New store taking over old Kmart location in Lafayette
- Sears and Kmart to close 40 more locations
- New grocery store taking over old Marsh location
- LPD locate the two missing Lafayette children
- Trinity Life Ministry opens new thrift store location
- West Lafayette narrows down location of future city hall
- West Lafayette announces final decision on city hall location
- Small Business Saturday takes over downtown Lafayette
- Lafayette couple takes a leap for love
- Lafayette neighborhood reports suspicious woman taking photos