LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Three new roofing projects at Lafayette schools will get underway during the summer of 2020.
Three different bid were approved at Linnwood Elementary School, Edgelea Elementary School and Lafayette Jeff High School.
The bids first went out Dec. 12th and were closed by Jan. 3rd.
The Lafayette School Corporation said the three contractors were the lowest responsive and responsible bidders.
LSC's superintendent said he's happy these schools are getting work done on their exterior.
"We feel the envelopes of our schools, if you will, the roofs the windows those things, have to be kept up to date to maintain the interior of them," said Les Huddle.
The total cost of the bids was around $2.1 million.
Huddle said other schools will get roof work done in the future.
- New roofing projects to begin in Lafayette schools in the summer of 2020
- School ends, summer begins for West Lafayette schools
- New projects coming to Lafayette schools in 2020
- Lafayette School Corporation projects are on track
- Summer construction to begin at Purdue
- Lafayette School Corporation providing free summer lunch program for kids
- Wabash Walls Project is back this summer
- Lafayette farmer's market kicks off the summer
- St. James Church begins restoration project
- Final Phase of West Lafayette State Street Project begins in March