LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A new two-story restaurant is finding its way into downtown Lafayette. Main Street Garage is taking over a plot of land that has sat vacant for more than a year.
The fast-casual restaurant will be built on 1007 Main Street across from East End Grill. It will serve American food and have a patio on the second floor.
The goals of the restaurant are to add a good bite to eat for the community and to maintain the local downtown aesthetic.
Lafayette's Economic Development Director, Dennis Carson, said Main Street Garage will fit right in.
"It kind of has that garage feel style to it," said Carson. "It's all brick exterior so it'll fit in nicely with the historic district and again kind of pay homage to the auto past."
Main Street Garage can start building as soon as it receives its building permit. No timeline has been set yet for when the restaurant will be completed.
- New restaurant coming to Main Street in downtown Lafayette
- Downtown Lafayette kicks off Mosey Down Main Street
- Taste of Tippecanoe comes to downtown Lafayette
- Main Street closure pushed back
- Lafayette Brewing Company celebrates 25 years on Main Street
- New surveillance cameras watch over Main Street in Lafayette
- Downtown Lafayette host OutFest
- Dollar General on Main Street robbed
- Round the Fountain Art Fair comes to Downtown Lafayette
- Graffiti artists from all over come to revitalize downtown Lafayette